Summer in the garden

The plant forum
David F

Summer in the garden

Post by David F »

Some plants of interest. I love early summer here in the San Francisco Bay Area, but we’re currently experiencing some really hot weather, it might get into the 90’s°F here in my garden this afternoon, it was up to 99°F yesterday afternoon at my client’s garden the other side of the bay about 35 miles south of San Francisco, but much cooler at 77°F crossing over the bay. Water temperature of the bay itself is still only 60°F, which is why my Berkeley garden is so balmy in a heat wave,(the hottest I’ve ever seen is 103°F). At 7pm back home yesterday, it was a very pleasant 72°F, no need for fans or air conditioning and I left windows wide open last night(most unusual for me!).

Stan510

Re: Summer in the garden

Post by Stan510 »

it's been 90f or more for days here. Plumeria is happy in a big pot-flowering. A blue Pilocereus has really grown. Due to a misunderstanding my shade giving Podocarpus were cut to 8' stumps. My shade garden plants are scorching. I've moved remaining shade some large potted plants. Big,old Platyceriums attached to the two Podocarpus? Looking a bit shabby in full sun. I soak them every other day. Well at least my tall Bangalow and Howea now stand out with only blue sky behind them. I have a free big 15 or 20 gallon Pandanus to give away. No room.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic